Last Updated: 2/2/2020
Contents & Summary
|Collection of Information||We collect the following information when you use the Services:|
|Information You Provide Us: We collect information you provide directly to us. The types of information we may collect include your name, email address, postal address, phone number, credit card information, and any other information you choose to provide. We also automatically collect information about you when you use our services such as transactional information, log information, device information, location information and information collected by cookies and other tracking technologies.|
|Information We Collect from Other Sources: We may collect information from other sources and combine that with information collected through our Services.|
|Uses of Information||We use information collected from you to provide, maintain, and improve our services, such as to enable interactive chat sessions, address inquiries via email, allow you to participate in promotions and contests, and purchase products through our Services. We may also use the information collected to send you technical notices, communicate with you about products or services, to monitor and analyze usage and trends, to detect and investigate fraud, to personalize and improve the service, and to carry out other purposes identified or apparent at the time the information was collected. We also use aggregated tracking information from our website to help improve and enhance our Services for all visitors.|
|Sharing of Information||We may share information about you with vendors, or other service providers, in response to legal process, if we believe your actions are inconsistent with our policies, in connection with any merger or sale of company assets, between and among our current and future affiliates, and with your consent or at your direction.|
|Social Sharing Features||The Services may offer social sharing features and other integrated tools. Your use of the social sharing features enables the sharing of information with your friends or the public, depending on the settings you establish with the entity that provides the social sharing feature.|
|Advertising and Analytics Services Provided by Others||We may allow others to provide analytics services and serve advertisements on our behalf across the web and in mobile applications.|
|Data Retention||We store the information we collect on you for as long as is necessary for the purpose(s) for which we originally collected it, or for other legitimate business purposes, including to meet our legal, regulatory, or other compliance obligations.|
|Transfer to US and Other Countries||Southern Refrigeration is based in the United States and we process and store information in the U.S. We and our service providers may transfer your information to, or store or access it in, jurisdictions that may not provide equivalent levels of data protection as your home jurisdiction. We will take steps to ensure that your personal data receives an adequate level of protection in the jurisdictions in which we process it.|
|Your Choices: Account Information||You may update, correct, or delete your information at any time by logging into your account or emailing us at email@example.com. You may also call us at (855) 772-2891.We may retain certain information as required by law or for legitimate business purposes.|
|Your Choices: Location Information||If you initially consent to our collection of location information, you can subsequently stop the collection of this information at any time by changing the preferences on your mobile device. For Example, you may use the Cookiebot tool to set your cookie-specific preferences for marketing and performance uses.|
|Your Choices: Cookies||You may choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of our Services.|
|Your Choices: Promotional/Mobile Communications||You may opt out of receiving promotional emails from Southern Refrigeration by following the instructions in those emails or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also call us at (855) 772-2891. You can choose to no longer receive promotional and non-promotional notifications or alerts to your mobile device by changing the notification settings on your mobile device.|
|Promotional Communications||With your consent, we may send promotional and non-promotional push notifications or alerts to your mobile device. You can deactivate these messages at any time by changing the notification settings on your mobile device.|
|California Privacy Rights||If you are a California resident, you may request information about our practices related to disclosing your personal information.|
|European Economic Area||If you are in the EEA, we will process your personal data to perform our responsibilities under our contract with you, in our legitimate interest, and/or with your consent. You have the right to access personal data we hold about you and ask that your personal data be corrected, erased, or transferred. You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the data privacy authority where you reside.
For contact details of your local Data Protection Authority, please see: http://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/article-29/structure/data-protection-authorities/index_en.htm.
Collection of Information
Information You Provide to Us
Information About Your Use of the Services
We collect information about your use of the Services, such as the search terms you enter, your location, financial payment information, and the identity of your devices.
Automatically Collected Information
When you access or use our Services or transact business with us, we automatically collect information about you, including:
- Transactional Information: When you make a purchase or return, we collect information about the transaction, such as product details, purchase price, and date and location of the transaction.
- Log and Usage Information: We collect log information about your use of the Services, including the type of browser and operating system you use, the domain and host from which you access the internet, access times, pages viewed, web browsing history, your IP address, and the page you visited before navigating to our Services.
- Device Information: We collect information about the computer or mobile device you use to access our Services, including the hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers and tokens, unique identifier headers, mobile network information, and other information that identifies you as the user of the device or the person providing information to us.
- Location Information: In accordance with your device permissions, we may collect information about the precise location of your device. You have the ability to stop the collection of precise location information at any time (see Your Choices below for details).
Information We Collect from Other Sources
We may obtain information from other sources and combine that with information we collect directly from you. For example, we may collect information about you from third parties, including but not limited to identity verification services, credit bureaus, mailing list providers, and publicly available sources. Additionally, if you create or log into your account through a social media site, we will have access to certain information from that site, such as your name, account information, and friends lists, in accordance with the authorization procedures determined by such social media site.
Use of Information
We use the information we collect to deliver the products and services you request and customize your experience with us, to administer your account, and to target advertisements based on users’ interests and to understand how users interact with ads. We may also use the information we collect to:
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages and to respond to your comments, questions, and customer service requests;
- Analyze the success of our Services;
- Better understand the needs and interest of our customers;
- Manage the website’s interactive functionality;
- Communicate with you about products, services, offers, and events offered by Southern Refrigeration and others, and provide news and information we think will be of interest to you (see Your Choices below for information about how to opt out of these communications at any time);
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities in connection with our Services;
- Comply with Southern Refrigeration’s legal and regulatory obligations;
- Detect, investigate and prevent breaches of the Terms and Conditions, fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities, and protect the rights and property of Southern Refrigeration and others;
- Personalize and improve the Services;
- Facilitate contests, sweepstakes, and promotions and process and deliver entries and rewards; and
- Carry out any other purpose described to you at the time the information was collected.
Sharing of Information
- With vendors, consultants, and other service providers who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf, regardless of whether you have chosen to limit our sharing of your information as collected on our website;
- In response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with, or required by, any applicable law or legal process, including lawful requests by public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements;
- If we believe your actions are inconsistent with our user agreements or policies, or to protect the rights, property, and safety of Southern Refrigeration or others;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company;
- Between and among Southern Refrigeration and our current and future parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, and other companies under common control and ownership; and
- With your consent or at your direction.
Southern Refrigeration will not sell, rent, or market your information collected on the website to non-affiliated third parties for their marketing purposes, unless we have received your consent. However, Southern Refrigeration may disclose aggregated statistics about visitors to its website, along with anonymous information collected from other sources. We may also share aggregated or de-identified information with third parties (such as advisors, promotional sponsors, and investors), which cannot reasonably be used to identify you, for various business purposes, including conducting general business analysis and developing website content and services.
Social Sharing Features
The Services may offer social sharing features and other integrated tools (such as the Facebook “Like” button), which let you share actions you take on our Services with other media, and vice versa. Your use of such features enables the sharing of information with your friends or the public, depending on the settings you establish with the entity that provides the social sharing feature. For more information about the purpose and scope of data collection and processing in connection with social sharing features, please visit the privacy policies of the entities that provide these features.
Advertising and Analytics Services Provided by Others
Sales of Personal Information
Southern Refrigeration allows certain companies to place tracking technologies like cookies and pixels on our sites, which allow those companies to receive information about your activity on Southern Refrigeration that is associated with your browser or device. The companies may use that data to serve you more relevant ads on our sites or others. Under some state laws, sharing data for online advertising like this may be considered a “sale” of information. Except for this kind of sharing, Southern Refrigeration does not sell any of your information.
We store the information we collect on you for as long as is necessary for the purpose(s) for which we originally collected it, or for other legitimate business purposes, including to meet our legal, regulatory, or other compliance obligations. We may retain records related to:
- Invoices and payments for 7 years;
- Job applications and other related documentation for 6 or more years;
- System use for 3 years; and
- Customer profiles, surveys and communications for 5 years.
Transfer of Information to the U.S. and Other Countries
Southern Refrigeration is based in the United States and we process and store information in the U.S. Our websites are intended for users in the United States and its territories and possessions, but if you use the websites from any country outside the United States, the various communications will necessarily result in the transfer of information across international boundaries, and by visiting the Website, you consent to these transfers as required or permitted by applicable law. Therefore, we and our service providers may transfer your information to, or store or access it in, jurisdictions that may not provide equivalent levels of data protection as your home jurisdiction. We will take steps to ensure that your personal data receives an adequate level of protection in the jurisdictions in which we process it.
You may access, amend, update, or correct your information at any time by logging into your account or emailing us at email@example.com. You may also call us at (855) 772-2891. In some circumstances, you may have the right to object to Southern Refrigeration’s use of your information. If you wish to delete or deactivate your account, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at (855) 772-2891,but note that we may retain certain information as required by law or for legitimate business purposes. We may also retain cached or archived copies of information about you for a certain period of time.
You must be at least 18 years of age to use our website or Services. Southern Refrigeration does not knowingly collect or maintain any personal information from children under the age of 13 and no part of our website is designed with the purpose of attracting such children.
When you first launch any of our mobile applications that collect location information, you will be asked to consent to the application’s collection of this information. If you initially consent to our collection of location information, you can subsequently stop the collection of this information at any time by changing the preferences on your mobile device. If you do so, our mobile applications, or certain features thereof, may no longer function properly. You may also stop our collection of location information by following the standard uninstall process to remove all of our mobile applications from your device.
The website uses “cookies” that may be sent to your computer and which contain information allowing us to recognize when you are viewing the website and to keep track of your preferences. The cookies also automatically collect information about your activity on our website, such as the web pages that you visit, the links that you click, and the searches that you conduct.
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of our Services.
You may opt out of receiving promotional emails from Southern Refrigeration by following the instructions in those emails or by emailing email@example.com. You may also call us at (855) 772-2891. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional emails, such as those about your account or our ongoing business relations.
Mobile Push Notifications/Alerts
With your consent, we may send promotional and non-promotional push notifications or alerts to your mobile device. You can deactivate these messages at any time by changing the notification settings on your mobile device.
Your California Privacy Rights
California law permits residents of California to request certain details about how their information is shared with third parties for direct marketing purposes. If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also call us at (855) 772-2891.
Individuals in the European Economic Area
If you are in the European Economic Area (“EEA”), you have certain rights and protections under the law regarding the processing of your personal data.
Legal Basis for Processing
If you are in the EEA, when we process your personal data we will only do so in the following situations:
- We need to use your personal data to perform our responsibilities under our contract with you (e.g., processing payments for and providing the products or services you have requested).
- We have a legitimate interest in processing your personal data. For example, we may process your personal data to send you marketing communications, to communicate with you about changes to our products and Services, and to provide, secure, and improve our products and Services.
- We have your consent to do so. When consent is the legal basis for our processing, you may withdraw such consent at any time.
Data Subject Requests
You have the right to access personal data we hold about you and to ask that your personal data be corrected, erased, or transferred. You may also have the right to object to, or request that we restrict, certain processing. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, you may contact us as indicated below.
Questions or Complaints
If you have a concern about our processing of personal data that we are not able to resolve, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the data privacy authority where you reside. For contact details of your local Data Protection Authority, please see: http://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/article-29/structure/data-protection-authorities/index_en.htm.